Where is Arrieta?
Arrieta is located in the north of the Canary Island of Lanzarote, in the Canary archipelago. Nearby is Punta Mujeres, another popular and well-known village. Here’s the location:
What to do and see in Arrieta
This exotic natural environment offers many different plans with which you can get to know the interesting culture of its locals. Take your pick:
- Take a dip in its cove and natural pool El Charcón or on its beach. La Garita is a complete beach with all kind of services and a large bridge that stretches out towards the horizon. It’s also popular for surfing and other water activities. Its golden sand invites you to sunbathe on the shore.
- Taste the best fresh fish in its establishments lining the coast. We recommend the restaurant El Amanecer, undoubtedly one of the best places in Lanzarote.
- You can also fish on the artificial stone island at La Garita.
- Visit the exotic bird park Guinate Park.
- Visit the famous Jameos del Agua or the special Cueva de los Verdes or the multifaceted Cactus Garden (Jardín de Cactus), three tourist attractions nearby.
- Discover monuments and interesting places such as the famous Casa Juanita or Casa Azul, a small house with a unique style that contrasts with the traditional white houses of the village or the small Church of Nuestra Señora del Carmen.
Why visit Arrieta on Lanzarote?
Being in the Canary archipelago, Lanzarote also enjoys a very pleasant subtropical climate, with many hours of sunshine a year. Thanks to these ideal temperatures, it’s possible to visit the Canary Islands at any time of the year. As a result, tourism is active in all seasons.
Arrieta's enchanting natural environment invites you to relax on the seashore, enjoy water sports such as surfing thanks to its favourable waves or taste the fresh Mediterranean gastronomy and the traditional delicacies of the Canarian cuisine. But Lanzarote isn’t only known for the best and freshest fish in the area, it’s also very popular for its delicate wines with Denomination of Origin.
Festivals in Arrieta
If you want to take part in the festivities of the fishing village, Arrieta celebrates the festival in honour of Nuestra Señora del Carmen at the end of July with a procession on fishing boats. Afterwards, the festivities continue in the streets of the village, where the locals venerate the image of the virgin.
Enjoy the beaches and gastronomy in Arrieta
If you’re looking for the perfect place to enjoy peace and quiet, Arrieta is one of the best options. If you choose to discover this charming place and enjoy its beautiful beaches and exquisite gastronomy, but don't know where to stay, we recommend the HD Beach Resort & Spa located on the beachfront of Costa Teguise.
Enjoy the modern and elegant architecture of one of the best hotels in Lanzarote and connect with one of the most beautiful corners of Spain: the island of Lanzarote.