Information about the Maspalomas marathon:
When does the Marathon Maspalomas take place?
It takes place on Sunday, on the 19 November 2023 at 8:00 a.m.
Registration for the Gran Canaria-Maspalomas Marathon is now open. You can register online at the marathon website.
Entry fees for the Gran Canaria-Maspalomas Marathon range from €55 to €65, depending on which package you choose. You can find more information here.
Finish of the marathon:
The finish of the Gran Canaria-Maspalomas Marathon is the Maspalomas Lighthouse. After crossing the finish line, you’ll receive a medal and a T-shirt.
Where does the Marathon Maspalomas take place?
The Maspalomas Marathon 2023 will start at the Maspalomas Lighthouse and will finish with the runners crossing the finish line at the great promenade of Meloneras. Although during the course of the race it’ll pass through emblematic areas of the area such as: the charca de Maspalomas, the Dunes, the Maspalomas golf course, the Tony Gallardo park or the Parque del Sur.
You can find the course here.
Runners can finish the race in a maximum of six hours, making it a marathon by and for every runner. The following cut-off times will be set:
Maximum time from start (gross)
|Km 10||1h 25 min|
|Km 30||4h 15 min|
|Km 40||5h 40 min|
Highlights and technical info:
- 100% tarmac track at sea level
- Start and finish at the Maspalomas lighthouse
- Participants from all over the world
- Suitable for runners of all ages and abilities
- Start at the lighthouse of Maspalomas
- Registration: www.grancanaria-maspalomasmarathon.com
- Weather: The average maximum temperature in November in Gran Canaria is 22 °C and the minimum temperature is 19 °C.
- Height: Minimum altitude: 4m ; Maximum altitude: 35m
- Catering: Refreshment points with liquid and solid drinks every 2.5km; isotonic drinks (Powerade); water (Aquabona); bananas from the Canary Islands; nuts and dried fruit mix.
- Medical care: Ambulances, rapid response motorbikes, doctors, and nurses and co. from Vithas through various points of the race.
How to get to the Marathon Maspalomas?
Getting there is easy. Gran Canaria Airport is the nearest airport. From there you can take a taxi, bus, or hire car to Maspalomas, via the GC-1 motorway. From there, head towards Maspalomas / Lighthouse. Here is the exact location:
We recommend parking further away as it’s likely to get very crowded.
The best accommodation in Maspalomas
There is a wide range of hotels and accommodation in Maspalomas. We recommend HD Parque Cristóbal in Playa del Inglés, with individual bungalows in extensive gardens and pool.
Don't miss one of the most popular marathons in Gran Canaria!
Want an unforgettable experience? Then take part in the Gran Canaria-Maspalomas Marathon! This marathon is perfect for runners of all ages and abilities and offers a unique route through beautiful scenery.
In this marathon you can enjoy the sea breeze and the pleasant autumn air of Gran Canaria while exploring the natural beauty of the dunes. You’ll be guided by the Maspalomas lighthouse.
After the marathon, you’ll return with a newfound appreciation for the beauty of running. Sign up for the Gran Canaria-Maspalomas Marathon today for an unforgettable experience!